I spent some time a while ago getting the pathogen plugin for vim to work on my Windows 7 64-bit machine. I looked everywhere for a solution but found only bits and pieces. So here's what I did:
For starters I installed vim in my Home directory (ie C:\Users\Todd\). I also created a _vimrc file (with no file extension) there as well with the following contents:
filetype plugin indent on
Next I created a folder under Vim called vimfiles with two subfolders beneath that, autoload and bundle. I downloaded pathogen.vim file and moved it into the autoload folder. In order to test pathogen, I cloned the snipmate plugin and moved the folder snipmate.vim into the bundle folder.
To generate the help documentation for snipmate, type :Helptags and then hit Enter.
To view snipmate's help documentation, type :help snipmate
To see snipmate in action, open up a Java file and type "for" followed by a tab. You'll see that snipmate will add a for loop snippet there.